Established in 1843, Walnut Grove was the first cemetery in Danvers to be designed as a memorial park. A popular movement of the time, memorial parks were characterized by a pastoral setting yet featured a more rational, formal organization than previous cemeteries. To this day, Walnut Grove embodies the park-like tradition with over 20 acres of walking trails and beautifully maintained yet natural scenery. Although connected to the past, Walnut Grove stays up to date with current practices and has recently constructed three new Columbariums which provides a new option for cremated remains to be interred in above ground niches in a beautiful granite and stone structure. The three columbariums are enclosed in a landscaped garden which provides a quiet spot to reflect on the memories of cherished love ones. The current structures accommodate 96 niches holding 2 urns each, so space is limited. Pre-plan now to secure a spot in one of the beautiful new columbariums.